Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What Led To A Second Level Of The Dwarven Dungeon?

I was really thinking that this dungeon could be part of the Basic HotDC Rulebook. I do intend to include one. Then, I was thinking I didn't know how long it was going to take before that book would get done. The Quick Start Charts are ready to go now. Though there is a two level map in that book and ideas for the Hero Guide to stock it, the QSC needs a fully fleshed out Adventure to go with it. That's what I'm thinking at the moment anyway.

I was taking notes for this Adventure with the thought that I would run it on RPOL if I find anybody interested. Still might. It has the map of the home and yard and a 16 room dungeon underneath that is now stocked. I have added two Creatures (0 Degree) that aren't in the QSC and had a third was on my mind while working on stocking this place.

The words Spider Pass came to mind. I don't want to say too much, but as I was stocking the dungeon, I figured out a place for this encounter, and a few other ideas came to mind for what to do with this Adventure. Suddenly, I had ideas for another level to the dungeon. As of now, that level is only a rumor in the plot, but after a certain encounter, it becomes part of a new plot.

The map for level 2 hasn't been drawn yet, but I am planning around 15 rooms. There will be some encounters that are similar to the first level, but a few different ones are being considered as well. This is all in the hand written note pad stage at the moment, hut I'm liking what I see so far. I haven't had time in the last couple days to work on it, and I will be on the plane two days from now.

Don't look for a release date as of yet on this Adventure. I will be a bit busy getting ready for the trip, and I need to pick the day to release the HotDC QSC book anyway. As always, stay tuned.

No comments: