Monday, August 20, 2007

Updates Are Coming

I am still in Indy right now and will be returning home tomorrow. I might need a day or two to get adjusted, but then I will get back to updating the situation. Gencon was a blast and I learned quite a bit. I also got to meet some people I never thought I'd meet and added to my collection.

As you know, I uploaded the Quick Start Charts book to Lulu, but I didn't release it yet. I felt I needed to work with it a little more, but I never had the time I needed to do it here. Not complaining actually, because I've been having fun. So, to update:

1-I will likely share Gencon experiences here on the blog. If I get around the making issue 1 of The Heroes Chronicle, more might be included there. The pdf of that will be free.

2-The HotDC Quick Start Charts book is not likely to receive any new content. I am considering format adjustments and things of that nature, but this one really needs to be released to allow me to concentrate on other efforts.

3-An adventure will still be in the works. I actually have scribbled a few notes about it here. It is the dungeon under the Dwarven Warrior's home that I have previously posted about. I feel it would be nice to have an Adventure to go with the Quick Charts.

4-I intend to get back to work on the main rulebook. I've neglected it for too long.

5-I am considering naming my company, such as it is. This was suggested by a friend, and it's a good suggestion. I have some ideas, but you'll have to wait and see. I'm also considering all options for how this game proceeds in the future (more on that in the future).

6-The Basic Revolution is happening now. I want HotDC to be a part of it. First Basic Fantasy, then Labyrinth Lord. D&D will have a new Basic and so will Castles & Crusades. Gary Gygax even released a very nice boxed set of his Lejendary Adventures Essentials. Basic Hackmaster is coming in the next year or two.

With all the news of basic games coming, am I worried? No, and I'll tell you why. HotDC is a very basic game and will be different from what the others offer. It will be easier to learn and play and offer hours of play time. If I do my job right, people will enjoy this. I am feeling pretty good about things now.

As I said, updates are coming. Stay tuned!

No comments: