Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Few Notes & A Quick Update

I'm told that tomorrow may be the day that Goblinoid Games releases Labyrinth Lord. Sounds awesome to me. I know I'm not the only person looking forward to what Daniel has done with this game. Sounds like it will be a a faithful old school rendition.

What about HotDC Quick Start Charts? The pdf is 36 pages, and I have covers created for it, front and back. I've proof read it a few times, fixing many spelling mistakes. That comes with the territory. The game mechanics seem good enough for this stage. As I have said all along, the game rules can and probably will change before the main rule book is released. Do I publish the QSC? Wouldn't it be cool if LL and the HotDC QSC were both released on the same day?

Stay tuned...

I just received a rare copy of Dave Arneson's First Fantasy Campaign Book from 1977, in surprisingly nice condition I might add. I am hoping to attend Dave's seminar on the early days of Blackmoor at Gencon and having him autograph this if he doesn't mind. I must say, it is a very cool item. It's fascinating to learn about how it all began, and I've only just begun reading it. How cool would it have been to be in that Blackmoor campaign when the world of rpg as we know it was just taking shape?

I want to give a shout out to two projects that I've only recently discovered. They are both Basic Old School, and both are free. The first is Dungeon Squad. I noticed a thread at Dragonsfoot discussing this game, and one member has created an adventure to run right out of the gate using these rules. The other is called Creatures & Caverns and was created by a person who didn't have the D&D books at the time he first noticed that game, so he created another game. Both are free for download. Enjoy:

The Dungeon Squad! Companion

http://www.freewebs.com/skathrosds/dsadventures.htm

Creatures & Caverns

http://www.destinyrealms.com/griffon/free.html

No comments: