Sunday, August 5, 2007

HotDC Quick Start Charts Status Report

Out of respect, I chose not to publish the HotDC QSC today. This was a day that I felt didn't belong to this project, so I backed off. I have uploaded the pdf and covers to Lulu, but I'm still deciding when to publish officially. As mentioned previously, the book is 36 pages long and contains information enough for playing from 0 to 4th Degree Game Characters. That's several dungeon crawls. The Basic HotDC Rulebook will cover details more thoroughly.

After careful consideration, I am leaning towards offering the pdf for free and printing for a small fee. I will only be taking a tiny profit from it, and I'm looking at a price of no more than $7.50 for the book and possibly less. As I'm still fine tuning it, I'm not sure when the release date will actually be, but soon, I hope. Maybe tomorrow, maybe later. The announcement will be made here.

I have begun work on another dungeon that would be a quick adventure of less than 20 rooms. This may become a mini book and pdf offering on Lulu to get a dungeon crawl up and available. It's not one of the main projects I had planned, but the ideas I'm developing for it seem interesting so far. More details will come as I flesh it out. It will be a 0 Degree Adventure.

I have other ideas on the drawing board hat I have shared here on the blog, but they are more detailed. I really want to get back to work on the Basic HotDC Rulebook, but this may not happen until after Gencon. I will actually be leaving for Indy next week.

I am also considering making HotDC Adventures compatible with Labyrinth Lord, though this is early in the thought process. I will need to read the LL book more thoroughly to gain a better understanding, particularly with respect to licensing. I'm not really worried about converting from HotDC to LL as it won't be too hard to do. Some Creatures and scenarios may need adjusting if I do this, but it won't be that difficult.

In any event, we are getting close to the HotDC QSC release, and an Adventure Module is in early stages of preparation for release (hand written notes). Stay Tuned!

No comments: