Sunday, July 29, 2007

Version .91 Updated

The Quick Start Charts book is now 34 pages. Added stuff includes brief Profession & Race descriptions and rules for playing Board Game Style play. Both will be expanded on in the main rule book. I decided I needed to do this, but I need to stop here and start reading the book for errors again. If I'm not satisfied with things after that, there won't be a publishing before Gencon. I don't want to rush it for the sake of rushing it.

I've also found that I'm pushing myself harder lately. I think I have had the idea of going to Gencon and ordering this book from the Lulu booth. The idea of buying my book at Gencon is appealing to me, but the idea of stressing too hard over it is a turn off to me. I will have enough time this week to decide if I'm comfortable with releasing it. If not, then no big deal. There's time to get it right.

I am still leaning towards releasing it, but we'll see. I'm told that Goblinoid Games will be releasing Labyrinth Lord this week at some point and that the pdf of the rules will be available for free. This is exciting news. The question is, could the HotDC Quick Start Charts be released for free on the web? I'm leaning towards no on that as I'm not even sure I want to release a pdf. That could change. I'm not planning for a big profit per sale if I release this book, and the total sale should come in under $10. As I said, I'm still thinking about it.

No comments: