Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back To HotDC

I felt the need to steer things back to the point of this blog, Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl. I have things to say from time to time, but I don't want to lose focus. Work continues on the game. I will be working on the Quick Start Charts for a while longer and then refocusing on the Basic HotDC Rulebook. Things I'm addressing at the moment:

1-Rogue Abilities. I am redoing the charts to make them more unique to HotDC. As time goes on, I will be doing that more and more with other areas of the game.

2-Mage & Priest Incantation Charts. The chart explaining how Incantations are earned is being overhauled, again to make it more unique to HotDC. I am working on an Incantation Point System at the moment. The main thing to me is that it stay in the spirit of the basic game.

3-Treasure Charts. I will be revisiting these at some point and probably making changes. There may be an overhaul, again to make it more unique to HotDC.

4-Maps. Still working on the Three Kings Island map and the dungeons above the Secret City Of Moldayvia. Not the top priority now, but a work in progress.

As it stands now, the Quick Start Charts pdf is at 29 pages. A goal of mine is to get it to 32 pages and do a test booklet printing. I've already incorporated some layout changes with the thought in mind that there could be an official release of this book on lulu at some point.

This is all a work in progress, and I'm not trying to set myself up for one position or another on the rules, other than the idea that I want them to be in the spirit of the one book basic tradition. This is why I don't want to set a definite date for anything as things can change. In the meantime, the work continues.

No comments: