Sunday, July 22, 2007

Quick Start Charts Version .9

I updated the the HotDC Quick Start Charts booklet and have increased the pdf to 32 pages. This was a goal as I would like to do a test printing soon with an 11 x 17 format. You need a number divisible by 4 to do it. I had 28 pages, but I knew at the time I would need to add a couple pages. I added 3rd Degree Creatures, explained combat in better detail, redid the Magic Treasure Charts, added my column about rolling dice (posted here last month I believe), added some stuff about the game and why I'm doing it, added a new back cover and corrected more errors. Still not ready to call it version 1.0, but it's getting closer.

I am considering adding a few more Creature options to the 0 though 2nd Degree Charts as those charts each have 11. The 3rd Degree Chart actually has more and you roll three six siders (rd3) rather than two as with the others to check randomly. I have a few Creatures that were left off, and I really didn't explain Non Gaming Characters as I probably should have.

3rd Degree Incantations for Priests and Mages have been outlined. Do In include them here? At what point do I stop adding to this pdf and save it for the main book?

I'm also still looking at Armor Absorption as a possible optional rule in this pdf. Not sure it's getting in though.

I'm pretty excited to have gotten this far with this project. I have two questions which will get answered soon enough. Do I upload this baby to lulu and make it available for purchase? And, am I going to gencon for the first time ever? Believe it or not, I have a great opportunity to go, and I'm seriously thinking about it. I need to decide within the next day though. Stay tuned. If I go, there will be posts about it here.

No comments: