Sunday, July 8, 2007

Work Has Begun On Setting Map For HotDC

Inspired by The Known Lands map that Goblinoid Games has done for the upcoming Labyrinth Lord game, I have begun working on the map for Three Kings Island. I really can't wait to see this map all polished and nice looking. The map originated around 1985 or so, if I recall correctly. It will be an official campaign setting for Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl, based after the events that occured with our old characters. This is very early in development as I need to consult notes. There are changes being made, including the addition of a town called Dragon Vale that will lead directly to The Secret City Of Modayvia. I'm not rushing on the map though.

Should armor absorb some damage, take a beating and need to be repaired? I'm exploring these possibilities. As I've said before, all options are on the table with this game. I want an old school feel and simple rules like the old red box game, but I'm also trying to make it different. I have penned optional Attack Strength and Defense Strength training rules and Optional Skills rules. As of now, they aren't official HotDC rules, but optional rules.

The HotDC Quick Start Charts project will receive attention this week, but I'm planning to refocus my attention to the HotDC Basic Edition Rulebook itself. There's lots to be done with it, and the Quick Charts project has been a prime focus in recent days. At any rate, work continues on the project.

No comments: