Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Few HotDC Updates

The HotDC Quick Start Charts booklet Version .81 is at 28 pages at the moment and in the last week or so has been updated to include a two level dungeon map with some suggestions for what to put in the dungeon. Also included is a HotDC Game Character Sheet.

I have given some thought to doing a free pdf magazine called The Hero's Chronicle. I would probably start with some of the posts here. I still want to do the Monty Haul article or what may be a series of them. This would draw on experiences from games I was a part of years ago.

HotDC rules continue to evolve. Safety Throws are now Resistance Rolls, and the Quick Start Chart book has been updated. I also updated the Priest Repel Living Dead Chart to be different than what it was. It was derivative of the old red book when I started, and now it is less so. This is on purpose as I am trying to make HotDC more unique to itself, while familliar in feeling.

In the HotDC Quick Start Chart pdf, it comments that the rules can and will change. The fact is, this game is evolving. I have an adea where it's going, but new ideas are coming to me all of the time. I intend to go with my feelings on this and see where they take me, but I want to keep it simple.

Here is an outline of things discussed in the Things a Hero Guide should know segemant of the Quick Start Chart Book. I may end up sharing this whole version on the blog in the future:

Things A Hero Guide Should Know

1-Adjusting The Creature Strengths
2-A Word About Treasure
3-Awarding Adventure Points
4-On Impartiality
5-What Is The Point Of The Adventure
6-What To Tell The Gamers And What To Keep Secret
7-What Is Available In Town
8-About Traps

No comments: