Friday, June 29, 2007

Quick Start Charts Progress

I'm on Version .75 of the Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl Quick Start Charts booklet. Funny, this thing started as an effort to get me a set of charts printed out for some testing of the game mechanics. I have added quite a bit to this project in the last couple weeks, and now it has almost become a booklet that a person can use to play HotDC. I have given some consideration to releasing this on Lulu after a few more updates to it. I'm still not 100% on the idea, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Presently, this thing has 21 pages now with information on Game Character creation, the Attack-Defense System, Incantations from 0-2 Degrees for Mages and Priests, Creatures from 0-2 Degree, Treasure Charts and more. The Basic HotDC Rulebook will have much more, but with a few more tweaks here and there, a person could start playing HotDC within a few minutes after reading this booklet. I'm going to keep working on this for the moment, and we'll see from there.

I should point out that there are several changes I may make with this game as I attempt to make it more distinct. What may ge printed from the current pdf could me much different from what the actual rulebook has. The first version that I actually printed a couple of weeks ago is different from what I have now.

No comments: