Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Character Sheet & Sleep Spell

I redesigned the Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl Gamer Character Sheet yesterday and printed one out. I will probably post it in the near future. I wasn't happy with the first one, so I redid it. The intent is to make Character Generating easy and make game play simple. This sheet has all the details needed, I think. I may still adjust it as needed, so a different version could appear in the final rule book.

Incantations are the next step of the rule book, and Sleep (May get a different name) is one of them. Though I am a fan of the old red book and looking to create a similar feel, I want to make HotDC unique in it's own right. In the red book, you get no Safety Throw against this Incantation, but it only effects characters of 4th Degree or lower. I understand why this was done as Mage's in the red book are pretty weak, and this gives them a little power to start with.

But, Mage's will be a little tougher in HotDC at the start, I think. What I am thinking of doing with this Incantation is allowing Safety Throws to any target of this Incantation, and making it so that any Creature affected by Sleep (Living Dead Creatures are immune) can be put to sleep. Not just those of 4 Degrees or lower.

No comments: