Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Quick Start Rules Set For HotDC?

I have recently considered doing a bare bones quick start set of rules for Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl. I have so many ideas going through my mind as I jot down notes on HotDC that it's hard to know what to do next sometimes. Even though the typing process has been slow of late, much progress has been made with the rules themselves. I have figured out how I want to proceed with Gamer Character Generation, and with the Character Sheet being designed, I am anxious to get a test session started.

Repelling Living Dead Charts, Rogues Abilities Charts, Incantation Charts (the first stage at least), Creature Charts for 0 and 1st Degree, Treasure Charts, the Attack-Defense System, Character Movement Rate Chart, Encounter Procedure Chart and other stuff have been done. There may be tweaking here and there, but I feel this is all coming together nicely. The thought has occurred to me that a pdf of Quick Start HotDC Rules could be released ahead of the game. If I get motivated enough, it could happen.

What will need to happen first is the completion of Part 2 of the rule book to get finished. This is the part that explains basic Character Generation. Haven't done the Incantations Section (Part 3), but a Quick Start pdf dealing with 0 and 1st Degree encounters would mainly need the 1st Degree Incantations list anyway. Okay, so if I do this, when will it be released? Don't have a date as of yet. It's really just an idea bouncing around in my head at the moment. I would really like to run a test or two first.

To that end, I have begun designing a 0 Degree Adventure that takes place at an outpost on a mountain overlooking a town, which has been mentioned in previous posts. This outpost will have several levels of dungeons beneath and perhaps this Secret City mentioned in a previous post. But it starts with the outpost, and it's all in the planning stage at this point.

No comments: