Thursday, June 21, 2007

Version .6 Made A Trip To The Printer

At this time, the Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl Quick Charts (Version .6) isn't being released, but it may at some point. I have already made several changes to it, and several more are planned. But, I am very pleased with it. I really was a bit surprised at how far I had gotten with this game when I started typing all of these charts. Then, the urge to put them into a pdf flile was too great to pass up. Of course, the next stop was the printers, and I was really excited about the outcome.

For that copy, I actually designed a cover with the logo you see on this page and a little bit of clip art from the publisher's program that I am using. The charts are all in it, and I even added the map based on If In Doubt, Seek It Out to it. Plus, the original Three King's Island map, which may become the first Adventure Campaign Setting for HotDC.

It's all a work in progress, and I am looking for the tools to create an old school style map of TKI similar in style to what was in the old blue book from back in the day. This idea was inspired by the map Goblinoid Games just released on the Labyrinth Lord page. By the way, LL is scheduled for a July release, and I'm looking forward to it. But, back to HotDC...

I really wanted to have a hard copy of these charts for when it gets tested again. One of the reasons I don't plan on releasing Version .6 of this pdf is that there is much work to be done. For instance, I need to adjust stats on the Creatures listed in 0 and 1st Degree as they appear to be a little too powerful for my tastes. I want the Creatures to be a threat, but not too powerful. Ah, there's that game balance thing again.

No comments: