Sunday, June 17, 2007

An HotDC Milestone - Quick Charts Version .5

I wasn't really expecting this, but all of the typing I've been doing during the last week made it possible. I have created a 14 page pdf file called the Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl Quick Charts Version .5. I haven't decided if/when it will be released. The main reason I did it was to have quick charts for the next test session, rather than leafing through all of my notes.

Within those 14 pages is a good chunk of what is needed to actually run a session of HotDC for 0 or 1st Degree Characters. I'm pretty excited after looking at the finished product. There will be many updates to come for this file, but it shows me that my project of creating and simple and basic Fantasy RPG has actually come a long way since starting a few months back.

I would like to have the Basic HotDC Rulebook completed by year's end or sooner, but we'll see how it goes. I remain excited about the prospects of creating a game that has simple and easy rules and uses just the six sided dice. A test session shouldn't be that far away now, and I'm confident that I have the rules close to where I want and need them to be.

No comments: