Thursday, September 6, 2007

More Progress On HotDC

The adjustments I have made on the HotDC Basic Charts Edition have been designed to make it easier to understand. I have redone the intro, defined what is in each section for easier reference and explained the Character Creation process better. It might have been the perfect time to just release things, but I had two more updates I felt needed to be made.

1-The Incantation section was explained a little bit better in terms of what the Resistance Rolls are for and what they do. This should make it easier to understand.

2-I don't have Creature descriptions in this book, just stats and charts. Kinda T&T'ish in that regard, I suppose. But, I felt I needed a page or two to explain terms from the Creature charts.

I want people to be able to play the first 4 Degrees of this game with his book with as few problems as possible. I'm sure there will be questions, and I will have a thread on this blog devoted to answering them.

The main focus of this game is having simple and basic mechanics for easy game play. As the name suggests, it is a game of crawling around in the dungeon, but outdoor encounters can be handled as needed. As the book won't go too far into that area, more experienced Hero Guides will likely be the ones handling those types of adventures.

I do not plan to add any new rules to this book after this update. If spelling or phrasing changes are needed, they will be made. A free pdf will be available anyway. The hard copy is for those who want a copy to use, at a minimal cost.

TKI-1 Danger In The Dwarven Dungeon will offer a few rule options and new Creatures, but that information won't be required to play if you just get the Basic Charts Edition and create your own stuff.

Rules tweaking will probably continue all the way to the release of the First Edition of Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl, as I have already explained in an earlier post.

No comments: