Thursday, May 10, 2007

Writing Continues

I have recently started hand writing parts of Section 2 of the HotDC Rulebook on Character Creation. I find it easier to think and write than to stare at the screen and think lately, so I'm going with it. With the other projects I mention in my previous post, I have decided I'd better keep working on this deal.

As I think I mentioned in the past, one of the ways I broke ranks with the old game is by allowing all four races in HotDC to choose their own profession. In the old game, an Elf was an Elf, a Dwarf was a Dwarf and a Halfling was a Halfling, but only a Human could be whatever class they wanted to be. I understand one reason for this was to make it easier to start playing, but I don't think this adjustment will hurt that. Plus, I'm not recreating the old game anymore, so much as trying to create something simple and easy to get into for newcomers.

Now, the four races in HotDC (There still may be a fifth race called Felinoid or even more) can chose to be a Warrior, Priest(ess), Mage and Rogue, but there is no multi classing in HotDC. I want to keep it simple. I could slip another class choice in there at some point, but it's not on my mind at the moment.

No comments: