Monday, May 21, 2007

More Progress On The Book

When I found myself stumped recently, I changed tactics. You see, I got tired of staring at the screen and trying to create and opted for the pen and paper. I wrote basic descriptions of Warriors, Mages, Priests and Rogues and the Dwarven race. The whole "What do you write" subject kept blocking my mind, but I reminded myself I wanted to go basic. Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl is, after all, a basic game.

You could write a book on Dwarves, and this has happened in more advanced games. I'm trying for the simple, let's get gaming approach, so a few paragraphs was sufficient. I need to write descriptions for Elves and Halflings, and I will probably keep with the write and then type format. This will become more important as I get into Incantations and Creatures. Now, there won't be anything revolutionary here, but it will serve it's purpose.

As I said, in HotDC, any race can choose any profession, but there will be no multi profession characters. I will stick with the four races and four professions for now, but I may be adding the Felinoid and Half-Dragon races as options later. For now, though, I just want to keep it simple. I'm liking what I have written and typed so far, but I'm moving a little slower than I'd like on the project. At least I got something typed today.

No comments: