Monday, May 28, 2007

The Bandage Option

In Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl, there will be a Bandage Option for characters who go lower than 0 Life Points. This is another area in which I have broken away from the old red book, and it's something I think needed to happen. In the old days, character death was common. It wasn't too much of a problem then, and it wouldn't be in HotDC, simply because creating another Game Character is simple.

But, I want the option to be there to bandage a badly wounded character. As of now, you won't need a special skill to do it. You simply purchase a bandage kit, and it's assumed you know how to use it. Simply bandage the wounded party, and that will stabalize them back to 0 Life Points. As of now, I'm favoring the complete rest for one whole day to get to 1 Life Point, or you can use a healing Incantation or potion.

Starting a new character is always an option and one that will be used often I suppose, but there are reasons a person may want to go the bandage route if they can. I also favor keeping this an optional rule as some Hero Guides may want a death to be a death in this instance.

No comments: