Sunday, April 22, 2007

Part 2 Progressing Slowly

Just wanted to give a progress report on Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl. Last week, I started working on the Incantation Lists. As of now, Priests and Mages each have around 30 Incantations and 5 Degrees of Incantations. I started outlining a Treasure Generation Chart, but the rulebook will go on to mention a little bit about how a Hero Guide should award treasure. There will be a section about "Monty Haul" type Adventures and why the HG should be very careful. The idea is that the Gamer's Characters should be rewarded at times, but if you aren't careful, game balance will be lost. This is also a topic I'd like to discuss in the future here.

I did type a little bit of Part Two: Game Character Generation Rules last week, but there is more to be done. This section doesn't seem to be too much of a problem so far, and I'm happy with it. When I get to Incantations and later to Creatures, I will have quite a bit of work on my hands to make things unique. Though I mentioned September as a possible release date, that is by no means firm. I anticipate many factors that could delay the project. I want to do it right.

I may take a little time to reflect on things. I just received news of Tom Moldvay's passing, and this has effected me somewhat. It caught me by surprise. I have more to say in the next post.

No comments: