Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Combat Matrix, Half-Dragon PC's and Other Stuff

Lately, I have been jotting down notes in my note pad at night while watching TV. Just a casual brainstorming session, but I have worked on Treasure Charts, possible new GC races (The Half Dragon and Felinoid) and a new combat matrix. The third thing is obviously a big decision. I've been working with a combat chart based on a Character's Degree (Level) and the Defense Level of the foe. It's very similar to the way it was done in the old red book, and I'm thinking I want to go a different, but simple route. This may take a few days, but I'm working on it. As I posted earlier, I'm striving for new here, rather than OGL.

A Half Dragon? Am I freaking crazy? Well, possibly. The class would be extremely rare and only to be used for good. While I am not sure it will make the final cut or what all of the details will be, I can tell you that at 10th Degree, the GC will have a final decision to make. Will he chose Humanoid or Dragon to live out the rest of his life. It's a work in progess and may not make the cut.

The Felinoid Character Class is basically a Feline Humanoid, and it's something that also may not make the cut. The Halfling may become a Kuduk, which is another word for Halfling. I am going to allow the creative process to work slowly and steadily here, because I want to do this right. There is no hurry.

The simple matter is I want to make something similar to old school rpg, but different. I also want the rules to be easy to understand. The Basic Edition book will go on as scheduled, but I am considering a second book. An Intro To HotDC book. This would take it's cure from Mentzer Basic by allowing a new player to learn by playing. The First Adventure Mod. will be When In Doubt, Seek It Out. It is currently a Two Level Dungeon Crawl.

One of my wishes is that I could write a program designed for Heroes of the Dungeon Crawl to be played over the internet among friends. It would be created for HotDC. But, alas, I don't know a thing about programming.

No comments: